Monday, May 11, 2009

Quite possibly the best invention ever!

Ever since I started working nights, I've tried to be creative with finding ways, nonpharmacologic ways, to help me sleep during the day. I tried draping dark blankets around my bed, cheap eye masks, etc... but I'm still suffering from "work-lag." This is the time between 3am-7am that I can't sleep, no matter what time I went to bed or what I have going on that day. While this waking up in the middle of the night isn't ideal, it is giving me time to have my devos in solitude and quietness. I've been praying that I'd be more motivated and I guess this is God's answer!

BUT, I have found a most excellent eye-mask. It's made of that memory foam stuff and lets in zero light...I mean ZERO light. It's a bit spendy: $35, but so worth it if you really want to sleep. It has little pockets inside that hold it away from the eyes so there's no pressure on the eyes. So lovely.

So while I think I should get some compensation for this little plug, if you want a good eye-mask, go to Brookstone and get it. Seriously amazing.

0 comments: