Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pays to be a girl

So this doesn't have anything to do with nursing, but I flew up to Eugene, Oregon today to pick up my 94 year-old great aunt and bring her back down. I spent a whopping 6 hours in Eugene, 5 of them in the airport with her...I know, I'm a sucker for unusual adventures; but at this point, I'll take what I can get!

As I was walking through the breezeway at LAX after parking my car, I entered straight into the security clearance as I already had my boarding pass. This big TSA guy checked my ticket and ID and went to usher me into the i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-y long line...at least a 45 minute wait. Then he got this big grin on his face and said, "you know what? Come here..." And sent me to the front of the line! Yay! That gave me time to get my venti soy white chocolate mocha with 2 shots of raspberry from Starbucks and relax instead of standing!

On a different note, while I was in the air, I took pictures of Eugene and Los Angeles...what a huge difference!

0 comments: