Thursday, June 26, 2008

Through the ears of a child

So if you ever find yourself bored with your routine, or find that what you love loses a bit of its excitement, grab a child and experience it with him or her. There's nothing like seeing something for the "first" time through the eyes (or in this case, ears) of a child...

Tonight my family (minus my Dad) had dinner with my great aunt at Souplantation. I had just come from 13 hours at the rehab center and hadn't had a chance to change out of my scrubs so I went as is...with my bag full of "goodies". Caleb, my 2.5 year-old nephew got a bit restless, so I pulled out my stethoscope. I put the diaphragm up to his chest and told him I was going to listen to his heart...that lasted for about 10 seconds before he wanted to hear. Wow! The look of delight and curiosity on his face was incredible! Soon he had to listen to Daddy's heart, Grammy's heart, Aunt Pami's heart, and even his own little tummy...



0 comments: