Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How to Relax on a Warm Summer's Night

A couple of weeks ago, my roommate, Sara, mentioned that she loved the classic film, "Easter Parade" with Fred Astaire and Judy Garland. She was aghast that none of us living at Pemberly had ever seen it... Then just last week Cora got an e-mail announcing free-for-all summer screenings of musicals at the Orange County Performing Arts Center, and what just happened to be showing on the first night?? Nothing but "Easter Parade!!!"

I was a bit dubious at first...old movie, outside, in the summer (meaning insanely hot and chilly), a late weeknight; but I put aside my reservations and we all (minus Melissa) grabbed our beach chairs and went to go watch it. I can't remember having that much free fun in a long, long time. Everyone there was laid back, happy, and just excited to be there. Even the local news was there to cover the event. And yes, I LOVED "Easter Parade!"

0 comments: