Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One step at a time

When I was about this age, I loved listening to Psalty. Do you remember those cassette tapes? I would sit in front of the family tape player and push the rewind and play buttons so much, the little symbols wore off. My family finally had to make a rule that I was only allowed to listen to each tape or song ONE time per day.
Anyways, one of my favorite songs had the phrase, "I'm climbing my mountain, one step at a time." I've lately begun to think of this as my meditation. Life has gotten extremely overwhelming lately with tons of midterms and projects due. There is so little time to be given. The faculty has become frustrated with the students because we're not reading and the students are beyond frustrated with the faculty because there's too much to read and comprehend. Each faculty thinks theirs is the most important class and students are caught in the middle. (I know, what else is new?)
I'm glad I posted my last post about being thankful for breath. These days it's easy to get discouraged and overwhelmed. I'm at that point in the semester where it seems like it will never end and the responsibilities just keep pouring onto my plate. However, I will be thankful for the life I have, the blessings I continue to receive, and put my foot forward, one step at a time.

0 comments: