Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back to Reality

The vacation is now officially over. I had an incredibly blessed month in the Philippines with just the right mix of ministry and vacation.

The flight over was filled with surprises. I got bumped up to Business class on my leg from Manila to Tokyo, sat next to 20 refugees from Burma on my flight from Tokyo to LA, and met a couple of very interesting people in the process. I love traveling; it's always filled with adventures.

But now I am back. I checked the weather tonight and found it hilarious that we are under a severe weather alert, "first showers of the year expected." Folks, this isn't even real rain...it's showers! Since when are showers considered severe?? Now I just hope that it really does rain.

I'll sign off with one of my favorite pictures of the trip. I took it under a pier on the island of Corregidor, an old World War 2 island. You can see the original pier posts beside the current ones. The original pier was bombed out during the war. You can also see a reflection of the beach in my sunglasses. :-)

0 comments: