Monday, December 8, 2008

Candlelight 2008!

Ever since starting nursing school, I've had very little opportunity to use my BA in music...all that changed last night. When the opportunity presented itself to sing in Disneyland's Candlelight choir, I couldn't refuse...even at the risk of getting a "B" in my classes.

Candlelight has been a tradition at Disneyland, started by Walt Disney, since the second year of opening. This was Candlelight's 50th year. It consists of an 800 voice choir, orchestra, and narrator. What makes it especially significant is that it tells the story of Christmas...the TRUE story of Christmas. The narrator (John Stamos this year) reads the account of Luke in between traditional Christmas carols such as Joy to the World, First Noel, Angels We Have Heard On High, and the Hallelujah Chorus.

Here are a few of the pictures I took from the night. Unfortunately I don't have one of the whole choir because we technically weren't supposed to take any pictures "Backstage". Clearly I didn't follow the rule to closely... :-)

Let the fun begin!
Here I am getting ready to process into the park from Toons Town to Town Square...and yes, that is an electric candle. boo.

The roommies with our choir conductor...the REAL celebrity of the night!

In between performances...we were pretty exhausted. It was a lot of singing!

This is where we performed in Towns' Square. You can't see it very well, but it sure was beautiful!

And lastly, some kind soul uploaded a video of us singing the Hallelujah Chorus onto Youtube...

0 comments: