Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

When you get older, Christmas is always different. One sibling might be with his wife's family, my parents are probably overseas, and if I go overseas, NO siblings are there... Traditions are just memories and giving really becomes more blessed than receiving. But this is a good thing...it's a phase of life.I had a wonderful 2008 Christmas! It was Mom, Dad, Adam (short-termer working on video productions), and me. I was so excited for everyone else's gifts! The family and I got my folks a brand-spanking new digital camera, something they asked for. Adam's parents had sent over his childhood stocking with me (see vid), as well as some cards and other goodies while my parents loaded him with inside joke gifts. I got a lovely wooden salad bowl set (which I asked for) and some kids books by one of my favorite authors. Love it.


In about an hour I'm heading out for 6 days to the midwife's clinic. I'm absolutely stoked! It will be fun to help out now that I'm a nurse! (nearly.) I'm not sure what my internet connection will be (probably nil), so I will blog off-line and post a ton when I have access again.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, full of God's peace that passes all understanding. May your hearts be filled with joy and delight no matter where you are.

Merry Christmas!

0 comments: