Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Orientation

It's been a bit since I've written, so a blog about orientation is due. I started on Monday and even though it's consisted of sitting in a classroom, SRH is an incredible organization. I have been so impressed by how friendly, encouraging, and empowering they have been. The first 2 days we were in a big pool of about 25 new orientees. Today it was just the patient care staff, including RNs, CNAs, PCTs, Radiology techs, and unit secretaries. I'm liking getting down to the more nitty-gritty details. I'll be on days for 3 weeks then switch over to nights. This is good, because it means I'll only have about a month and a half of doing school during the day and work at night. Whew!

Next week I will begin patient care with my preceptor. The 12 hour shifts are going to take a bit of getting used to, I'm sure. But thank goodness the employee break room has two full body massage chairs!!

2 comments:

Dana Michelle said...

Yay for massage chairs!!

Dana Michelle said...

Yay for massage chairs!!